As we all realize, living in a tropical country has a high chance of growing mold because of high humidity levels, and will increase in the rainy season.
Here are the steps to care for leather:
- Avoid interactions of leather products with water continuously. When exposed to rain water, wipe immediately with clean water with a soft cloth, and immediately dry.
- Reduce the exposure of skin-made products to the sun. Because it will make the skin more quickly damaged.
- When storing leather products in the closet, put a moist or silica gel absorber, and camphor to keep the mold growing smaller.
- Use dust bag or cloth bag instead of plastic.
- As long as the product is stored, try to check your bag / shoe / jacket at least every two weeks.
- Open the closet, or remove your leather product regularly to have air circulation and avoid the musty smell.
- Routinely, clean also storage cabinets, so as not to dusty and inhabited small insects.
- You can use body lotion to soften leather products when starting stiff.
If your leather product is affected by mold and stains, here are some tips you can apply:
- Do not use tissues to clean or care for leather bags. Use a soft sponge or soft cloth.
- on the moldy part, brush with a soft textured cloth. If the white patches are on the inside of the bag, clean them with a soft brush. Then wipe with a dry, dry cloth.
- Use a special soap of skin (saddle soap) or a special cleansing cream for the skin. To be glossy, gently rub with a soft cloth on the surface of your bag.
- Wipe the stain slowly in the direction of the skin fiber groove. Avoid crashing the plot.
- After the stain disappears, allow the bag or wallet to dry naturally, away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- You can also use the ingredients in the kitchen or with natural ingredients, but try first the kitchen ingredients in a small, hidden area. Lemon juice is good to remove stains, while vinegar can be used to keep the skin material still looks primed. Natural oils, such as olive oil and coconut oil, are also great for helping to maintain the sheen and moisture of the skin.